Lamb and Potato Stew
My family loves lamb, but I find very few recipes that use it. I picked this one up at the fair and make it quite often. Bake a pan of biscuits...and you have a complete meal!
8 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours
- 2 pounds lean lamb stew meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 to 6 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 carrots, diced
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 to 2 bay leaves
- In a large kettle or Dutch oven, combine all ingredients. Cover and
- bake at 325° for 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 hours or until tender. Discard
- bay leaves before serving. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 266 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 606 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.