Lady Lamington Cakes
I learned to turn out these dainty no-bake cakes while living in Australia. Named for the wife of a past governor from "down under", they make a lip-smacking snack or dessert.
36 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4 cups flaked coconut, toasted and chopped
- Thaw cake; cut into 3/4-in. slices. Cut each slice into four fingers;
- set aside. In a microwave-safe bowl or saucepan, heat water and
- butter until butter is melted. Whisk in cocoa until dissolved. Whisk
- in sugar to make a thin glaze. Dip cakes into glaze to coat all
- sides; roll in coconut. Place on waxed paper to dry. Cover and
- refrigerate. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 123 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 64 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.