Lactose-Free Potato Soup
“This is a great way for my husband and me to have rich, creamy soup without worrying about my lactose intolerance.” Lisanne Heyward - Richmond, Virginia
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- In a large saucepan, saute onions and celery in oil until tender. Add
- broth and potatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer
- for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Cool slightly. In a blender, process half of the soup until smooth.
- Return to pan; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 166 calories, 5 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 396 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.