Kumquat Refrigerator Pie
Fluffy, tart and sweet, this kumquat pie will have everyone loving these tiny citrus gems.
Henrietta Brumbaugh, Hiawassee, Georgia
8 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 3/4 pound kumquats
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 frozen pie shell, baked
- Fresh mint leaves and additional kumquats, optional
- Rinse kumquats; cut in half and remove seeds. Place in a blender;
- cover and process until pureed. Strain, discarding skins and pulp.
- In a large bowl, beat the puree with milk and lemon juice until
- blended. Fold in whipped topping. Transfer to pie shell. Refrigerate
- for at least 4 hours. Garnish with mint and additional kumquats if
- desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 piece equals 392 calories, 16 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 167 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.