These golden margaritas bring a bit of sunshine to a winter table. Eye-catching kumquats are the secret ingredient. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 lime wedges
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 pint kumquats (about 30)
- 3/4 cup tequila
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 cups crushed ice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Using lime wedges, moisten the rims of four margarita or cocktail
- glasses. Sprinkle salt on a plate; dip rims in salt. Set glasses
- Place tequila in a blender. Rinse kumquats; cut in half and remove
- seeds. Add to blender; cover and process until pureed. Strain,
- discarding skins and pulp.
- Return puree to blender. Add the lime juice, ice and sugar; cover and
- process until blended. Pour into prepared glasses. Serve
- immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 266 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2,965 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 3 g protein.