Because it packs a little kick and has an interesting and tasty mix of ingredients, this is the perfect potluck for fall-or any time. One of my husband's favorites, it's an Alaskan recipe I found in the early 1950's.
16-20 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 4 cups diced onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 medium green peppers, diced
- 4 cups diced celery
- 1 jar (5-3/4 ounces) pimiento-stuffed olives, undrained
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, undrained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 jar (8 ounces) picante sauce
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 to 4 cups medium egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onions over medium heat until meat is
- no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in the
- remaining ingredients except cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until bubbly. Sprinkle with
- cheese just before serving.
- Yield: 16-20 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 182 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 610 mg sodium,