Kiwi Lime Gelatin
Our Test Kitchen broke the mold when they came up with this bright green gem of a salad featuring kiwifruit, oranges and lime. As the recipe specifies, be sure to cook the kiwi before it's added to the gelatinotherwise, it won't set.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 6 kiwifruit, peeled, sliced and quartered
- 1 cup dry white wine or diet lemon-lime soda
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) lime gelatin
- 3 cups diet lemon-lime soda, chilled
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- In a saucepan, bring kiwi and wine or soda to a boil. Cook over
- medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add gelatin; stir
- until dissolved. Stir in chilled soda and orange juice. Refrigerate
- until partially set.
- Fold in oranges. Pour into a 6-cup mold coated with cooking spray.
- Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight until firm. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving equals 81 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 31 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.