My Great-Aunt Hilda makes this recipe every Christmas, and everybody just raves about it! Kipplens taste a lot like Mexican wedding cakes...but I like them better. Kipplens really do melt in your mouth! Plus, they are easy to make-an advantage for me because I have two small children at home and also like to quilt, cross-stitch and work in my garden.
72 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min./batch
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy; beat
- in vanilla. Add flour, pecans and salt; mix well. Roll dough into
- 1-in. balls and place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 325° for 17-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool
- cookies slightly before rolling them in confectioners' sugar.
- Yield: 12 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 110 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 60 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.