Kielbasa Potato Soup
"This is a delicious and hearty soup," assures Beverlee DeBerry of Hempstead, Texas. "Combined with a nice loaf of French bread, it's a complete and satisfying meal. It's become a family favorite at our house."
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1 medium leek, (white portion only), halved and sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 medium potato, peeled and diced
- 1/3 pound fully cooked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/8 teaspoon each caraway and cumin seeds, toasted
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced fresh spinach
- In a large saucepan, saute leek in butter until tender. Add broth and
- potato; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20
- minutes or until potato is tender.
- Stir in the sausage, cream caraway and cumin; heat through (do not
- boil). Just before serving, add the spinach. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 546 calories, 39 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 107 mg cholesterol, 1,773 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 15 g protein.