Kids' Baked Beans
Grape jelly is the “secret ingredient” that sweetens these beans! They’re wonderful alongside burgers or other sandwiches and sure to be a hit at parties and family reunions, too. Jessie Sarrazin of Livingston, Montana sent the recipe.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) baked beans
- 3/4 cup grape jelly
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until thickened.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2/3 cup) equals 189 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 379 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 4 g protein.