Kidney Bean Salad
My daughter's friend once brought this salad as a side dish for our dinner. It was so good. Since it's a good source of protein, it makes a great light lunch or dinner entree.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup dill pickle relish
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Lettuce leaf, optional
- In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients; stir until coated.
- Refrigerate until serving. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl if desired.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 532 calories, 28 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 222 mg cholesterol, 1,227 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 13 g fiber, 21 g protein.