Kickin' Snack Mix
The blend of cereal with cheddar crackers and mixed nuts puts a new twist on a classic party mix, and cayenne pepper adds an interesting kick. Packed with almonds, pistachios and loads of flavor, this snack is definitely addicting!
Kim Vogt - Creighton, NE
16 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 3 cups Crispix
- 3 cups Wheat Chex
- 2 cups cheddar-flavored snack crackers
- 1 cup pretzel sticks
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup mixed nuts
- 1 cup pistachios
- 1/2 cup butter-flavored popcorn oil
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small
- bowl, combine the oil, dressing mix, dill, garlic powder and
- cayenne. Drizzle over cereal mixture; toss to coat.
- Transfer to two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at
- 250° for 45-55 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool on wire
- Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 quarts.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 297 calories, 22 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 426 mg sodium,