Kale with Portobellos
I love to entertain and I always receive requests for this dish. It's so easy to prepare.Karen Rietenbach, Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 bunches kale, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 3 large portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a Dutch oven, bring 1 in. of water to a boil. Add kale; cover and
- cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in oil until
- tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain kale and return to
- the pan. Stir in the mushroom mixture, beans, sugar and salt; heat
- Yield: 8 servings.