Just Peachy Pork Tenderloin
I had a pork tenderloin and ripe peaches that begged to be put together. We have a no-plate-licking rule, but I licked my plate clean! —Julia Gosliga, Addison, Vermont
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 12 slices
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 medium peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup peach preserves
- Flatten each tenderloin slice to 1/4-in. thickness. Sprinkle with
- salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook
- pork in oil until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- Add peaches and lemon juice, stirring to loosen browned bits. Cook
- and stir over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until peaches are
- tender. Stir in the pork and preserves; heat through. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 241 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 340 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot