Julienned Carrots 'N' Onion
From Shirley Saeger, this slightly sweet combination of glazed carrots and sliced onion makes a tasty change of pace. "It's popular everytime I serve it," she notes from her kitchen in Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil Add the carrots, onion, butter,
- sugar and bouillon. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-6 minutes or
- until vegetables are tender.
- Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into carrot
- mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 122 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 205 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein.