Joe's Ice Cream Dessert
I've been helping my mom in the kitchen since I was about 4 years old. But as a busy teen, I don't get to cook all that often. When I do, this is one of my favorite treat to fix. It's fun to make and great to eat.Joe McRoberts, Warren, Rhode Island
12-16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 pound chocolate cream-filled sandwich cookies, crushed, divided
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 4 chocolate toffee candy bars (1.4 ounces each), crushed, divided
- 1/2 gallon chocolate ice cream, softened
- Combine butter and half of the cookie crumbs; press into a greased
- 13-in. x 9-in. pan. Carefully spread vanilla ice cream over crust.
- Combine half of the crushed candy bars and remaining cookie crumbs;
- sprinkle over vanilla ice cream. Carefully spread the chocolate ice
- cream over top. Sprinkle with the remaining crushed candy bars.
- Cover and freeze until firm, 6 hours or overnight. Yield: 12-16
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 451 calories, 24 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 329 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.