Jim's Cheddar Bread
"I've been using a bread machine for 4 years now and wonder how I ever got along without it," marvels Jim Bodle of Clockville, New York. He shares this recipe for a moist, pretty-colored loaf. Flavorful slices of the mild cheese bread are great for sandwiches.
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 3 hours
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup buttermilk blend powder
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by
- manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose light crust color
- and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine
- directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2
- tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (2 pounds,
- 16 slices).
Editor's Note: The use of the timer feature is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts: 1 slice equals 125 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 278 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.