For a change of pace from cabbage slaw, why not give jicama a try? The jicama adds a sweet, nutty flavor to this flavorful slaw.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded peeled jicama
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- In a small serving bowl, combine the cilantro, sour cream,
- mayonnaise, salt and pepper. Stir in the jicama, carrot and red
- pepper. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Stir before serving.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1/2 cup equals 113 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 350 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 1 g protein.