Jeweled Sherbet Mold
Besides being a colorful addition to any holiday buffet, this dessert keeps well and is deliciously different.
12-14 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 pint lime sherbet, softened
- 1 pint lemon sherbet, softened
- 1 can DOLE® Crushed Pineapple in 100% Pineapple Juice, drained
- 1/3 cup chopped mixed candied fruit
- 1/4 teaspoon rum extract, optional
- Whipped cream and maraschino cherries, optional
- Line a 1-1/2-qt. metal or glass bowl with plastic wrap or foil. Pack
- lime sherbet onto the bottom of the bowl; smooth top. Freeze for 15
- In another bowl, combine lemon sherbet, pineapple, candied fruit and
- extract if desired. Spoon over lime sherbet; smooth top. Cover and
- freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
- Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Uncover and invert
- on a round serving platter. Remove bowl and plastic wrap; smooth
- sides. Garnish with whipped cream and cherries if desired. Yield:
- 12-14 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 85 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 25 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.