Jeweled Ham Glaze
When it comes to creating a gorgeous holiday entree, this glaze is tops. If your kitchen time's limited, try preparing it ahead so it's on hand in the refrigerator.
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 jar (12 ounces) currant jelly
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1-1/3 cups chopped mixed candied fruit
- In a saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil;
- reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add candied fruit and mix well. Spoon glaze over ham during the last
- 30 minutes of baking time. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 229 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 52 mg sodium, 62 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, trace protein.