Jeff's Potato Soup
Chicken gravy mix, cumin and Cajun seasoning give this hearty and comforting soup a distinctive flavor.Jeff Gill, Valdosta, Georgia
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 envelopes chicken gravy mix
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups milk
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled, cubed and cooked
- 1 cup cubed process American cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute celery and onion in butter until tender.
- Stir in gravy mix and seasonings; gradually add milk. Bring to a
- boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; stir in potatoes and
- cheese. Cook and stir until the potatoes are heated through and the
- cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 265 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 742 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.