Jazzed-Up French Toast Sticks
Store-bought French toast sticks are spread with strawberry cream cheese to make this fast breakfast fare. Anna Free of Bradner, Ohio serves the “stuffed” French toast with a citrusy fruit puree instead of regular syrup.
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 ounces spreadable strawberry cream cheese
- 12 French toast sticks
- 1 snack-size cup (4 ounces) mixed fruit
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- Sliced fresh strawberries, optional
- Spread cream cheese over six French toast sticks, about 1 tablespoon
- on each; top with remaining sticks. Place in a greased 9-in. square
- baking pan.
- Bake at 400° for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile,
- in a blender, combine mixed fruit and orange juice; cover and
- process until smooth. Serve with French toast sticks. Garnish with
- strawberries if desired. Yield: 3 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 382 calories, 21 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 481 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.