Jalapeno Swiss Burgers
Mexican culture greatly influences our cuisine, and we eat a lot of spicy foods. In this recipe, the mellow flavor of Swiss cheese cuts the heat of the jalapenos.Jeanine Richardson, Floresville, Texas
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- Shape beef into eight thin patties. Top four patties with cheese,
- onion and jalapenos. Top with remaining patties; press edges firmly
- to seal.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-9
- minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and
- juices run clear. Serve on buns. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 665 calories, 37 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 175 mg cholesterol, 423 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 55 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.