Jalapeno Ranch Dip
Ranch dressing got its start on a real dude ranch in California. Punch up the Western original with green salsa, green chilies, jalapenos and cilantro for more color, spice and high volume that feeds a crowd. —Lindsay Duke, Goodrich, Texas
9 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1-1/3 cups mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup salsa verde
- 3 tablespoons canned chopped green chilies
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 jalapeno peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- Hot cooked buffalo-style chicken wings
- Celery sticks
- Place the first seven ingredients in a blender; cover and process
- until smooth. Chill until serving. Serve with chicken wings and, if
- desired, celery. Yield: 2-1/4 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1/4 cup (calculated without chicken wings) equals 252 calories, 26 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 502 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.