Jalapeno Quail Appetizers
"My husband quail-hunts every season, and this recipe has become our favorite way to serve the birds. The bacon keeps the meat from drying out, and the jalapeno lends a little zip," shares Diana Johnston of Kingston, Oklahoma, "I sometimes serve these cute bundles as a main dish."
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 20 min.
- 2 large jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 12 boneless quail breasts (about 1 pound)
- 12 bacon strips
- 1 bottle (16 ounces) Olive Garden Signature Italian Dressing
The salad dressing you love at Olive Garden is now available to use at home on salads, sandwiches, veggies and more!
See More Recipes >
- Cut each jalapeno half into three long strips. Place a strip
- widthwise in the center of each quail breast; roll up from a short
- side. Wrap each with a bacon strip and secure with toothpicks.
- Place in a large resealable plastic bag. Add salad dressing; seal bag
- and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill appetizers, covered, over indirect
- medium heat for 16-20 minutes or until quail juices run clear and
- bacon is crisp, turning occasionally. Yield: 1 dozen.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.