Jalapeno Cheddar Biscuits
These tender biscuits with a cheesy richness have a nice level of heat that will appeal to all ages. —Florence McNulty, Montebello, California
15 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 5 tablespoons cold butter
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons diced pickled jalapeno slices
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, thyme and
- paprika. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir
- in the milk, cheese and jalapeno.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Pat or roll
- out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit
- cutter. Place 2 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 450° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
- Yield: 15 biscuits.
Nutrition Facts: 1 biscuit equals 129 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 276 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.