Jack Cheese Oven Omelet
Although it's easy, the omelet looks like you fussed. Sometimes I toss in mushrooms and cheddar cheese for a different flavor. —Laurel Roberts, Vancouver, Washington
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 8 bacon strips, diced
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Drain, reserving 1
- tablespoon drippings. Set bacon aside. Saute onion in drippings
- until tender; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add the milk, seasoned salt, 2 cups
- cheese, bacon and sauteed onions. Transfer to a greased shallow
- 2-qt. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes. Sprinkle with
- remaining cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 352 calories, 26 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 338 mg cholesterol, 619 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 24 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.