What are all those specks and spices in your Italian dressing? You probably have them in your pantry. Create your own signature blend to toss with pasta, greens and fresh spring vegetables. —Lorraine Caland, Thunder Bay, Ontario
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- Place the first 11 ingredients in a blender. Cover and process until
- pureed. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 2 tablespoons equals 126 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 148 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2-1/2 fat.