Italian Turkey Burgers
Seasoned with oregano and Parmesan cheese, these plump burgers are a delicious change-of-pace entree. I like to serve them on crusty Italian bread with warmed spaghetti sauce, but you can also use hamburger buns.
-Mary Tallman, Arbor Vitae, Wisconsin
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 8 slices Italian bread, toasted
- 1/2 cup meatless spaghetti sauce, warmed
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble turkey
- over mixture and mix well. Shape into four 3/4-in.-thick oval-shape
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and
- lightly coat the grill rack. Grill patties, uncovered, over medium
- heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or
- until a meat thermometer reaches 165° and juices run clear.
- Place a patty on each of four slices of bread. Drizzle with spaghetti
- sauce; top with remaining bread. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (prepared with lean ground turkey) equals 306 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 680 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber,