Italian Tuna Salad
"This fresh, colorful salad has a nice crunch," reports Lois Gelzer of Standish, Maine.
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) reduced-sodium chunk white tuna, drained and flaked
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Add dressing and
- toss to coat. Fold in tuna. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1
- hour before serving. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1/2 cup equals 63 calories, 1 g fat (0 saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 288 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1/2 starch.