Fresh Italian flavors turn mild-tasting tilapia fillets into a family-pleasing meal. You could also use a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese in place of fresh mozzarella. —Healthy Cooking Test Kitchen
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 cup diced tomatoes with roasted garlic
- 1/2 cup julienned roasted sweet red peppers
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Place fillets in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with
- cooking spray. Top with tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms, cheese and
- basil. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes
- easily with a fork. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 fillet equals 190 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 335 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 34 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.