Herbs and melted cheese dress up fillets in this recipe recommended by Cathy Lueschen from Columbus, Nebraska. "When I want a quick fish dinner, this is the recipe I turn to," she relates.
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 to 6 walleye fillets (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Place walleye in a greased shallow 3-qt. or 13-in. x 9-in. baking
- dish. In a small bowl, combine tomato sauce, parsley, Italian
- seasoning, basil, salt and pepper; pour over fish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with mozzarella
- cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a
- fork. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 172 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 108 mg cholesterol, 570 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.