Italian Style Pizzas
“With prepared pesto and pizza crusts, these tasty pizzas come together in a flash,” says Trisha Kruse of Eagle, Idaho. “I like to complete this satisfying meal with a salad and fresh fruit.”
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 prebaked mini pizza crusts
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 2/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced sweet onion
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Place crusts on an ungreased baking sheet; spread with pesto. Layer
- with mozzarella cheese, onion, mushrooms and peppers; sprinkle with
- Parmesan cheese. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until cheese
- is melted. Yield: 2 pizzas.
Nutrition Facts: 1/2 pizza equals 429 calories, 23 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 820 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.