Italian Sirloin Beef Sandwiches
“After a hectic day, our family loves coming home to the inviting smell of Italian beef wafting from our slow cooker,” says Keith Sadler of Oran, Missouri. He suggests using broth from his recipe as an au jus sauce, perfect for dipping.
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (2 pounds), cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 jars (11-1/2 ounces each) pepperoncini, undrained
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 can (12 ounces) beer or nonalcoholic beer
- Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise, optional
Rich and creamy, Hellman's® Real Mayonnaise makes your sides and sandwiches more tasty!
See More Recipes >
- 8 hoagie buns, split
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, layer the beef, pepperoncinis and onion;
- sprinkle with oregano and garlic salt. Pour beer over the top. Cover
- and cook on low for 6 hours or until meat is tender.
- Spread mayonnaise on cut sides of rolls if desired. Place cheese on
- roll bottoms. With a slotted spoon, place meat mixture over cheese.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.