Italian Shrimp and Pasta
We like pasta with Italian tomato sauces, and this recipe is one we make often. It’s heavy on the shrimp and light on the pasta, and that’s the way we like it…we can remember when shrimp was unheard of in our budget, so I guess we’re making up for it now!
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- In a large skillet, saute garlic in oil for 1 minute or until
- crisp-tender. Add the tomatoes, broth, basil, oregano and pepper.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered,
- for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Add the shrimp
- to the tomato mixture; cook for 5-6 minutes or until shrimp turn
- pink. Drain pasta; toss with shrimp mixture.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1-1/4 cups) equals 327 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 168 mg cholesterol, 443 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 25 g protein.