Italian Sausage Skillet
Italian Sausage Skillet, served over rice or pasta, is a hearty favorite.
"This garden-fresh dish gets extra color from a can of stewed tomatoes," Eve notes. "The Italian sausage has so many wonderful flavors you don't need to add any other seasonings."
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/4 pounds uncooked Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage links
- 3 small zucchini or yellow summer squash, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- Hot cooked rice or pasta
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat until no longer
- pink; drain. Remove from the pan; cool slightly before cutting into
- 1/4-in. slices; return to the pan. Add zucchini and onion; cook and
- stir for 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes. Reduce heat; cover and simmer
- for 10-15 minutes or until the zucchini is tender. Serve with rice
- or pasta. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 189 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 570 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.