Italian Sausage Calzone
My teenage daughter and I have been experimenting in the kitchen to recreate some old-time family dishes. This calzone with spinach and sausage is definitely a favorite. Using a refrigerated pizza crust, it’s a cinch prepare one for us or several for a crowd. –Terri Gallagher, King George, Virginia
6-8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + standing
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 pound bulk Johnsonville® Ground Sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Unroll pizza dough onto an ungreased baking sheet; pat into a 14-in.
- x 11-in. rectangle. Spread pizza sauce over one long side of dough
- to within 1/2 in. of edges.
- Layer the spinach, sausage, mushrooms and cheese over sauce. Fold
- dough over filling; pinch seams to seal.
- Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand
- for 10-15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 322 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 870 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 17 g protein.