Italian Pizza Bread
Sherry Adams, Mount Ayr, Iowa
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 French or Italian sandwich roll (about 4 to 5 inches long)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 8 slices slices turkey pepperoni
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Slice roll in half lengthwise. Place on baking sheet. Spread pizza
- sauce over each half. Top with pepperoni. Sprinkle with mozzarella
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until heated through. Broil 4 in.
- from the heat for 2 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and golden
- brown. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 427 calories, 18 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 147 mg cholesterol, 2,410 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 43 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.