Italian Pasta and Peas
If your family doesn't care for peas, substitute frozen green beans or broccoli. By stirring in cubed cooked chicken or ham, this becomes a mouthwatering main dish with little effort.Taste of Home Test Kitchen
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (4.1 ounces) quick-cooking bow tie pasta and Parmesan/Romano sauce mix
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, milk and butter; bring to a
- boil. Stir in pasta and sauce mix. Cook over medium heat for 8
- minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the peas, mushrooms and oregano; cook 3-4 minutes longer or
- until pasta is tender. Remove from the heat. Sauce will thicken upon
- standing. Yield: 4 servings.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Lipton's Bow Tie Pasta in a Creamy Parmesan and Romano Cheese Sauce Mix.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 190 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 574 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.