Italian Nut Medley
This is just great to nibble on and makes a satisfying salty snack. Italian salad dressing mix is the easy secret ingredientit adds just the right zip to plain mixed nuts! Whenever I set out a bowl of these nuts, they disappear quickly.Karen Riordan, Fern Creek, Kentucky
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups mixed nuts
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add nuts; cook
- and stir constantly for 2 minutes. Stir in soy sauce. Sprinkle with
- salad dressing mix; stir to coat.
- Immediately transfer to a greased baking pan and spread in a single
- layer. Cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/3 cup) equals 292 calories, 25 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 615 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 8 g protein.