- In a large bowl, combine eggs and milk; add the bread crumbs, cheese,
- salt, pepper and garlic powder. Add beef and sausage; mix well.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 4 minutes;
- turn and broil 3 minutes longer.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the tomato sauce and paste,
- onion, green pepper, wine or broth, water and seasonings; pour over
- meatballs. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours. Serve on rolls.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese if desired. Yield: 6-7 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 482 calories, 21 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 131 mg cholesterol, 1,545 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.