Italian Meat Loaf Sandwiches
You’ll only need leftover meat loaf and five ingredients to make these yummy sandwiches that are easy to prepare on a griddle. You can even cook the sandwiches in a panini grill or countertop indoor grill. Feel free to use leftover homemade meat loaf, purchase meat loaf from the deli or purchase cooked meat loaf in the convenience packaged food section in the meat department.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 12 slices Italian bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 1/3 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup giardiniera
- 6 slices cooked meat loaf, warmed
- Butter one side of each slice of bread. Place six slices on a
- griddle, buttered side down. Layer with the cheese, pizza sauce,
- giardiniera, meat loaf and remaining bread, buttered side up. Cook
- over medium heat until golden brown, turning once. Yield: 6
Nutrition Facts: 1 sandwich equals 623 calories, 39 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 1,023 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.