Italian Herb Mix
This mix is not only good in spaghetti sauce, but is great in meatloaf, salad dressings, eggplant dishes, sauteed chicken or veal. I often give it as gifts in fancy jars during the holiday season.Carol Wilson, Rio Rancho, New Mexico
20 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 tablespoons each dried savory, basil, marjoram, oregano and chives
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried sage leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Store in an airtight
- container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Use to season
- meats or vegetables. Yield: 1-1/4 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 tablespoon equals 10 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.