Italian Garlic Toast
"EVERY Italian meal must have its garlic bread, and this recipe is not only delicious but also attractive. It's rich which cheese and butter and colorful with paprika. Auntie Ann always waited until we were all seated before bringing out her garlic bread, warm from the oven."
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 unsliced loaf (1-1/2 pounds) French bread
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Slice bread lengthwise; place, cut side up, on a large baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine butter, cheese, garlic and oregano; brush
- onto cut surfaces of bread. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Cut widthwise into slices to serve. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 280 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 549 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.