Italian Flank Steak
Savory and satisfying, Italian Flank Steak is nice for entertaining or busy days since it marinates overnight and grills in minutes. Walajean Saglett of Canandaiqua, New York shares the recipe, "Leftoversif there are anymake super sandwiches," she notes.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 2 envelopes Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 beef flank steak (1 pound)
- In a bowl, combine the salad dressing mixes, oil and lemon juice.
- Brush over both sides of steak; place in a shallow dish. Cover and
- refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Grill over medium-hot heat for 4 minutes on each side for medium, 5
- minutes on each side for medium-well or until desired doneness is
- reached. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving equals 3 meat, 1/2 starch; also, 267 calories, 793 mg sodium, 59 mg cholesterol, 8 gm carbohydrate, 24 gm protein, 16 gm fat.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.