Italian Drop Biscuits
I'd been making garlic cheese biscuits for years before I tried spicing them up with some green chilies. These biscuits go well with soups as well as Mexican and Italian foods.
Ponca City, Oklahoma
18 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, cheese, water and chilies
- just until moistened. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto a greased
- baking sheet.
- Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. In a small
- bowl, combine the butter, parsley, Italian seasoning and garlic
- powder; brush over warm biscuits. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 99 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 235 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.