Italian Chuck Roast
Moist, flavorful and a cinch to throw together, this roast creates a rich, glossy gravy that tastes wonderful over noodles or potatoes. The beef is also delicious when it's shredded for sandwiches.Jenny Bloomquist, Helena, Montana
10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 8 hours
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (4 pounds)
- 1 package Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 envelope au jus gravy mix
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1/2 cup water, divided
- Cut roast in half. Transfer to a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the
- salad dressing mix, au jus mix and gravy mix with 1/4 cup water; rub
- over roast. Pour remaining water around the roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Serve
- with gravy. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 4 ounces cooked beef with 1/4 cup gravy equals 327 calories, 18 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 118 mg cholesterol, 735 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 36 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.