Italian Cheese Loaf
Here's a deliciously different sandwich. It's yummy warm from the oven or off the grill at a cookout. The cheesy filling is complemented by a mix of garden-fresh ingredients and crusty bread. I usually serve it with a salad and onion rings.
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 2 cups diced fresh tomatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped ripe olives
- 1/4 cup Olive Garden Signature Italian Dressing
The salad dressing you love at Olive Garden is now available to use at home on salads, sandwiches, veggies and more!
See More Recipes >
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- Cut top half off loaf of bread; set aside. Carefully hollow out
- bottom of loaf, leaving a 1/2-in. shell (discard removed bread or
- save for another use).
- In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; mix well. Spoon into
- bread shell; replace top. Wrap in foil. Bake at 350° for 25
- minutes or until cheese is melted. Slice and serve warm. Yield: 12
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 204 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 478 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.