Italian Catfish Fillets
A tangy red sauce adds pizzazz to the catfish fillets in this easy entree from Cheri Lefkowitch of Norwalk, Connecticut. "I've been preparing this recipe for years, and my family loves it," she says.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon zesty Italian salad dressing mix
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons shredded Romano cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Pour half of the
- sauce into an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Arrange fish over sauce. Top with remaining sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 5 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork and
- cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (1 fillet with 1/4 cup sauce) equals 292 calories, 17 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 911 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.