- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, Italian seasoning, salt,
- pepper and nutmeg. Layer sausage mixture and spinach over bread;
- pour egg mixture over top. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and
- refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake
- at 350° for 50 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or
- until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand
- for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 piece equals 373 calories, 20 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 255 mg cholesterol, 839 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.